Gettin' Crafty

I am not crafty.  I repeat:  I am NOT crafty.  I have very little patience when it comes to crafts.  I find it to be messy and frustrating.  I can't stand glue of any kind to sticking to anything and everything around me!  And due to my organizational OCD, when I'm done with a craft I usually find fault with the finished project.  That letter is crooked or those pieces aren't the same size, etc.  So, I'll repeat again, I don't craft.

That being said... I attempted some "crafts" this summer.  Maybe I've had too much sun, or I've spent far too many hours blog-stalking and pinning.  I became inspired.  So much so that I went to Hobby Lobby... and AC Moore... and JoAnn Fabrics... several times, because I had no idea how many supplies go in to crafting!!  But glue gun in hand, I attempted to make things pretty for my classroom.  Here are a few of the beginners craft projects I've been working on...

I started small and bought a paper tray from the dollar spot at Target to create my new Work Bin.  I made a little label and added some polka dot stickers.  Lovely!


I downloaded these great files from 3rd Grade Thoughts and A Cupcake for the Teacher.  These blogs are AH-MAZ-ING!!  I made these Brain Breaks sticks from 3rd Grade Thoughts (can't wait to try these movements with my firsties) and Pick Me sticks from A Cupcake for the Teacher.  Never again will I have to label popsicle sticks with students' names. Numbers all the way!!




Then I made a Notes for Teacher bin after seeing something similar on Pinterest.  I picked up this bin at Hobby Lobby, along with the ribbon and letters (in the scrapbooking section).  I seem to be on a polka dot kick right now!


Finally I finished with my marbles jar and Team of the Week placemats.  My students sit at tables of six and earn marbles all week for excellent teamwork, smooth transitions, and general good behavior.  The table with the most marbles in their team's cup is the new Team of the Week.  (I made the cute jar below to hold all the marbles I give out during the week.)  Each student at the Team of the Week table gets a placemat and seat cushion for the week as recognition.  They love showing off and sittin' in comfort!  I used to buy plastic placemats each year, but realized this year that I could make them myself by laminating a sign on a 12x18 piece of butcher paper.  DUH!  Not sure why I didn't think to do this sooner!!  If you want to make your own placements, just click on the link below the pic for a freebie!




No comments

Back to Top