Sight Words, Finally!

I finally got around to a long awaited project this week... making our sight word cards!  In our district we focus on the Dolch sight word list.  I send home 8-10 new words each week for my students to practice.  (I call them Weekly Workout Words to go along with my team theme!)

I usually introduce the words at the beginning of the week.  Then throughout the week when we have a few extra minutes we practice our weekly sight words.  I had been meaning to make colorful word cards to display in a pocket chart (of course!!) and I accomplished this lil' project last night, woohoo!!




I also created a very simple Retelling Bookmark that I plan to use in partnerships during Read to Someone.  We practice retelling A TON, but sometimes my lil' friends need a reminder of the basic details they should be retelling.


It won't be long now until I am introducing routines and getting my firsties set up for a year of success! After seeing many bloggers posting their classroom pics, I'm getting anxious to get into my own classroom and start setting up.  I'm hoping to post pics of my progress next week... IF I can even get into my room with all the construction taking place!

Until then, I think I'll go soak up some more sun...

2 comments

  1. Super Cute! I'm glad you commented on my blog, so now I can follow yours! :)

    Your newest follower,
    Marie
    The Hands-On Teacher in First!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such wonderful ideas!! I just found your blog & I'm your newest follower. I am excited to follow along & share ideas. I also teach 1st grade & it is the best!! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top