First Week in Pictures

Nine days in... I am EXHAUSTED!!  I am hoping to get back into a routine of blogging more... once I find out where I left my energy.

We have been busy, busy in our classroom!  Check out the pictures to see what we were up to last week.

Hoping to have some goodies to share soon  :-)

Our Whole Brain teaching is well under way.  Class/Yes was a hit from day one.  Today I introduced the Mirror routine.  So fun!  Once again, if you haven't checked out Whole Brain Teaching, GET ON IT!!!  Seriously people.  You won't regret it.  ((My posters are a FREEBIE from 3rd Grade Thoughts.))

We have started Daily 5 by introducing Read to Self.  We have been working on our stamina all week and tracking it on the white board... we made it (just barely) to 20 minutes on Friday!  ((My CAFE and Daily 5 signs are a FREEBIE from Ginger Snaps.)) 

Those empty bulletin boards are starting to fill up!  In Writing Workshop we learned how to draw a boy and a girl (woohoo, no more heads with arms and legs sticking out!).  ((The posters for drawing a boy and girl are a FREEBIE from Kindergarten Smiles.))

Math Workshop has begun!!  This is something new I am trying this year.  I plan to blog more about it once I assess how it's working in my classroom and get all the kinks worked out.  We practiced "Math by Myself" and "Math with a Buddy" this past week.

Friday we played Top-It... one of my favorite math games!

And, of course, I have to mention the BEST pencil sharpener EVER!!  My teammate found this at the end of last year, so each of the first grade teachers bought one.  I have seen them on countless blogs since then and the reviews are all accurate.  This thing ROCKS!!

It's super quiet and easy to use.  My first graders caught on very quickly after a short tutorial.

Perfect point, EVERY TIME!!!  Want one?  Check out Classroom Friendly Supplies.  It looks as though they are all sold out at the moment, but keep checking back.  It is SO worth it!!!

3 comments

  1. Hi Colleen - your classroom looks warm and inviting. I bet your kiddos love it. I'm your newest follower...just found you!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colleen, Our district uses everyday math, but I have never seen the computer version of the game Top It. How would I go about finding it.
    Thanks,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane,
      I created the Top-It game myself with Smart Notebook. I'd be happy to email it to you! Just drop me an email (colleendembs@yahoo.com) and I'll send it along!
      Colleen :-)

      Delete

Back to Top