Liebster Award and a Sale

I'm throwing a sale!  It's my first one... and I don't have that many products in my store so don't get too excited, haha.  I'm participating in the Teachers Pay Teachers Cyber Monday and Tuesday sale.  All my products are 20% off, and TpT is tossing in some savings for a total of 28% off.  Click HERE to see my store.

My own TpT wish list is a mile long, mostly stocked with holiday activities.  Tis the season to get your shop on!



And on to even bigger blogger news... I've been nominated for a Liebster Award!  The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs.  


I was nominated by Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten.  I found her site through Farley's "Currently" and have been following ever since.  She has wonderful ideas for her little kinders and I'm so appreciative that she thought of me for this award!  If you haven't already, hop on over and check her out!



The Liebster Rules:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!)


11 Random Things About Me
1.  I have taught first grade, second grade, third grade, and fourth grade.  First is definitely where my heart is!
2.  I am a very picky eater.  My first graders probably eat a wider variety of food than I do!
3.  I love the smell of coffee, but hate the taste.  Instead, I drink Diet Mt. Dew for my caffeine.
4.  I love to drive.  I volunteer to be the driver for every road trip... even though until recently I had a small Toyota Corolla.  My friends are very happy that I have a CR-V now... much more comfortable!
5.  I have organizational OCD.  I can't stop myself.  Everything must be in its right place!
6.  I also love to rearrange furniture.  It makes the room feel brand new.
7.  I move often.  I have not stayed in one apartment for more than two years.  I am VERY good at packing and unpacking!
8.  I am an iPhone and iPad case-aholic.  I can't stop myself from buying more cases and may need an intervention soon.
9.  I think cutting lamination is great therapy.
10.  I love reality TV and all its trashy goodness.
11.  I have a diverse taste in music.  My iPod ranges from Taylor Swift to Flo Rida to Journey to Rod Stewart, and everything in between.  There is something for everyone when I'm the DJ!  


11 Questions Mrs. Thigpen Sent Me
1. How long have you been teaching?
-This is my 7th year of teaching.
2. What is your favorite holiday?
-My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.  It's the kick-off to the holiday season!
3. Do you have any siblings?
-I have one sister who is 13 months younger than me.  She lives in Chicago (too far away!) but we remain very close and still manage to see each other every six weeks or so.
4. If you weren't teaching, what would you do instead?
-If I wasn't teaching, I'd still be working in advertising.  Teaching is actually my second career, but most certainly the perfect career for me.  I am happy in my job every single day.   
5. Do you have a favorite sport to watch or play?
-I love to play tennis... but rarely do it these days.
6. What do you do in your spare time?
-In my spare time I like to boat in the summer, go out with friends, watch movies... and most recently, BLOG!
7. Where is the farthest place you have traveled?
-The farthest place I've traveled is Ireland.  It was an amazing trip and I hope to go back some day!
8. What is your favorite movie?
-My all-time favorite movie is Goonies.  My sister and I have watched it countless times and we can probably recite the entire thing!
9. How long have you been blogging?
-I have been blogging for about 5 months.
10. What made you begin blogging?
-I began blogging after I started reading/following other teacher bloggers.  They inspired me to try some great new activities in my classroom and I wanted in on the action!  Blogging has sparked my interest in bringing new ideas into my classroom.  And it's just plain FUN!
11. Favorite food?
-My favorite food is pizza.  I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.



11 Questions for My Nominees
1.  What is your favorite subject to teach?
2.  Favorite holiday tradition?
3.  Favorite book to read to your class?
4.  Favorite guilty pleasure reality show?
5.  Favorite movie?
6.  What is your best childhood memory?
7.  What is your least favorite household chore?
8.  What are you afraid of?
9.  Salty or sweet?
10.  Where is your ideal vacation spot?
11.  What sparked your interest in blogging?


Blogs I'm Nominating


There are so many fabulous blogs out there!  Some of these I have just begun to follow and I'm looking forward to reading all they have to offer the blogging world!  I hope you'll visit these blogs and consider following them, too.

10 comments

  1. Thanks for nominating me! Can't wait to check out your TPT store for the sale! Hop on over to mine too : )

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also nominated you! Whoops! :) You can find it here: Some Liebster Love

    ~Jessica
    Fun in PreK-1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you were already nominated, but I just nominated you again for the Liebster Award! Check out my blog for more details!! :0) I just love the fearless!

    Faith
    Kindergarten Faith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination! Love reading your wonderful ideas!

    Christina
    First things first

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Colleen,

    Thanks so much for recognizing my little blog. I am glad you picked me out so I could come check out your cute blog! I've already seen ideas I could use.
    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so very much for your nomination!
    Stephanie
    Crazy About First Grade
    http://crazyaboutfirst.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your nomination! Here is my post!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade
    http://fortheloveoffirst.blogspot.com/2012/11/new-blogger-liebster-award-and-thanks.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Colleen! Thanks for the nomination!
    Check out my link with my answers :)
    http://keepingupink.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award-and-happy-cyber-monday.html
    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for nominating me! I appreciate it.
    http://the2ndgradesurprise.blogspot.com/2012/11/first-id-like-to-thankive-won-award.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top