12 in 12 Linky Party

I'm linking up with A Teeny Tiny Teacher and Miss Kindergarten for their 12 in 12 linky party!


12 FAVORITE THINGS!

12.  Favorite Movie You Watched
The Hunger Games... best book-to-movie I have ever seen.


11.  Favorite TV Series
Scandal on ABC.  If you are not watching, you are seriously missing out!  This is one of those shows that when an episode ends, you wonder how you will get through the week while you wait for the next one! And, I totally want to be Olivia Pope!!!


10.  Favorite Restaurant
There is a great local restaurant here in Syracuse called The CopperTop.  I go there a lot, and I do mean A LOT.  Luckily there are several locations, so the wait staff hasn't quite gotten to know me by name yet!


9.  Favorite New Thing You Tried
This is an easy one... blogging!  When I put "start a blog" on my summer to-do list I never actually thought I'd do it.  Now I can't imagine not blogging and reading all the amazing teacher blogs I follow. It truly has made me a better teacher.


8.  Favorite Gift You Received
When my old laptop died on a Friday night in late spring, I was in a panic.  I knew I couldn't get through the rest of the school year without a computer.  My parents gave me an early birthday gift in the form of a donation towards the purchase of my MacBook Pro.  I love, love, love my MacBook and don't know how I ever lived without it!


7.  Favorite Thing You Pinned
Should this be school related?!  Because it definitely is not.  Pizza roll-ups!  Crescent Roll + 1/2 cheese stick + pepperoni = DELICIOUS!


6.  Favorite Blog Post
I think my favorite blog post was my very first one, Blog Beginnings.  It was so fun to get started, and I love that it also contained my very first TPT (freebie) product, which happens to be my Whole-Brain Teaching Rules.  I love WBT!


5.  Favorite Accomplishment
Making my first sale on Teachers Pay Teachers... and then my second, and third... and every single sale since I started in July!


4.  Favorite Picture
This pic was taken at my friend's wedding.  I love it because my best friend Deb and I were bridesmaids and we are all dolled up.  If only my hair and make-up could look that good every day, haha!


3.  Favorite Memory
I don't think I can pinpoint just one when it comes to my niece, Taylor.  Every moment I spend with her is a favorite memory, especially because she lives so far away!  She is now 18 months old, full of personality and has such a sunny disposition.  Everything is better when she is around (and she always brings my sister and brother-in-law with her when she comes, BONUS!)  Below is a pic of us from her first birthday weekend.


2.  Goal for 2013
Get (and stay) healthy!  I love teaching first grade, but ever since I moved down to primary three years ago, I have gotten sick more than ever.  Those loving six year olds bring me gifts of strep and tonsillitis far too often.  I'll be ringing in this New Year with a tonsillectomy.  Once I get through that, I expect to be HEALTHY in 2013!!!


1.  One Little Word
BALANCE

2 comments

  1. I love love love Scandal. It is so good and everytime it seems to get better. Those cheesy bread pepperoni shindigs looks so yummy!

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you would like to check it out.
    ஐRikki

    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG -so I found you through Lisa at Growing Firsties. I was also helping her with her STAR Readers product. Wasn't it awesome?!? When I read your favorite restaurant I realized that we are both in the Syracuse area---how funny! I just started on TpT and blogging a couple months ago. I always figured everyone I would run into would be thousands of miles away. It was nice to find you and be your newest follower! I am loving first grade (I just moved this year after teaching 3rd for the last 8 years and 4th before that). Maybe I'll be seeing you at the CopperTop :-)

    Melissa
    First Grade Smiles

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top