December Currently

Time to link up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade...


I absolutely adore holiday movies... ABC Family, Lifetime, Hallmark... I love 'em all!  It's non-stop holiday movie time here.  My DVR is pretty full and I keep adding more daily.  It makes no difference that I've seen most of them multiple times.  Anyone else a holiday movie addict?!

I need new living room furniture.  My couch has seen far too much of me.  It's become sad and has lost most of its comfort.  Boo.

Despite the 70 degree heat wave here today, we will be back to snow in Upstate New York tomorrow.  I live in a fantastic apartment complex with super nice neighbors.  They deserve to be RAK'd.  I mean, really, who wouldn't love to come outside to a snow-free car?!  I can definitely complete this RAK (Random Act of Kindness) many times this winter!

On another note, my class has really gotten into the spirit of the holidays!  I love seeing Christmas through their eyes.  They love coming in and trying to be the first to spot our elf "Sneaky."  We have used the words "naughty" and "nice" about 300 times in the past two days... and I'm sure we will continue right up until break!  So far, so good on the behavior front...

6 comments

  1. SO jealous of everyone who gets to use Elf on a Shelf!! I guess I should be happy I can do Holidays around the world. It just sounds like SO much fun though!

    Happy Holidays :)

    Ashley
    Primary Teacherhood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colleen. I found you on Farley's Currently. I'm right there with you on the Christmas movies! I have been DVRing Lifetime the last couple of weekends! Ha!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE, LOVE the fa-la-la movies too! They just put me in such a relaxed, holiday mood:) Brushing snow off a neighbor's car is a great idea (I live in NY too!). Maybe someday I will actually get a garage that was not made for a model-T:) Your blog is so adorable and I am your newest follower!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colleen!
    So nice to meet you through Farley's Currently. When did you start the Elf unit with your kiddos? I am trying the Elf on the Shelf for the first time this year. The Gingerbread Man is loose this week. The Elf is coming on Monday to hopefully eat the Gingerbread! :) I am happy to be your newest follower!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Colleen!
    I just found you through Farley's Currently. We are very close geographically. I am only 30 minutes away from Syracuse. You're the first one I have found so close! :) YIPPEEE! Loved the weather yesterday. But I want that snow. :) I can't wait to check out the rest of your blog.
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just found you through the December Currently. I am excited to check out your blog, since I also teach first grade. I am new to the blogging world and would love it if you would check out my page. It's http://compassionate-teacher.blogspot.com/. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top