January Currently and a Place Value Freebie


Happy New Year!!  Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Year's Eve last night!

Now that it's officially January, it's time to link up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for her latest Currently...


The Hangover is on TBS... perfect for New Years Day!  I never get tired of this movie.

This afternoon I'm heading out with some friends to see Les Miserables and go to the new PF Changs for dinner.  I cannot WAIT to see Les Mis!  It looks amazing and everyone who has already seen it has nothing but good things to say about it. 

How long is too long to leave your Christmas tree up??  Cause I really, really like the twinkling lights, haha.

Okay, I know I'm being greedy... but I want a few more days of vacation!  I'm very jealous of those of you who have the rest of this week off.  It's back-to-school for me tomorrow.  And, of course, I'll need to finish some school work before tomorrow... but it's only noon... so I have time.  Plenty of time!

OLW... BALANCE, enough said!


When we return to school (eek, tomorrow!) we will begin working on place value in math workshop.  We practice a lot with sorting/exchanging our base-10 block ones, tens, and hundreds.  I wanted some cute place value mats to work with during this unit.  I am loving the digital papers I bought from Sonya DeHart Design.  She has an awesome collection.  It's inspiring me to create some very cute materials.  I'll be back soon with some new products and I'm participating in a guest blog hop this week.  I'm off to enjoy my last day of Christmas vacation!



Click HERE to Download this FREEBIE

6 comments

  1. Oh my gosh! I totally agree with the needing a few more days of break. I head back on Thursday. I'm ready for those two days when we get back but I had every intention of getting further ahead. :) Enjoy your day and the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going back tomorrow?! When did y'all get out?! I've heard Les Mis is wonderful too! Have fun!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got out on Dec 21st... but we also get a week off in February, so I really, really shouldn't complain!
      Les Mis was AMAZING!!!
      Colleen :-)

      Delete
  3. Love your place value mats! I'll have to check out Sonya's site. I need some inspiration! Enjoy your afternoon out!
    Learning in Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was watching the hangover too! I'm going to see This is 40 in a bit.:) We're going back tomorrow too and the unfairness of it all is that a couple districts go back next monday and still get out when we do at the end of the year, so I am thinking we got jipped on our winter vacay :(

    sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I found your blog through the currently and I'm a new follower! My tree is still up too and I do not want to take it down! I would love for you to stop by my blog!

    Kim
    Literacy Sundae

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top