April Currently


I am currently on SPRING BREAK, woohoo!  This week I am spending my spring break in Chicago with my parents while we visit my sister, brother-in-law, and TWO nieces!

Snuggle Time!

My beautiful niece Hailey Josephine was born on March 27th.  Our family is so excited to welcome our new member.  She is absolutely precious and we are so blessed to be able to spend her first week together.  We are having so much fun snuggling lil Hailey.  My niece Taylor (22 months) has been an absolute riot.  I haven't seen her since Christmas and she has grown so much.  She has us laughing all day long.  Wish I could be here longer, but I'm enjoying every minute that I can while I'm here!

With all this fun I hope to carve out a little bit of time (and I do mean a LITTLE) to catch up on some schoolwork.  We shall see if that really happens, haha!

My advice is to find a career that makes you truly happy.  Teaching was not my first career.  I spent about four year in advertising prior to teaching.  Though I enjoyed advertising, I was never truly happy there.  Teaching is where I found my niche, particularly first grade.  I can't imagine doing anything else.  I also can't imagine going to a job everyday that I did not love.  If you aren't happy, CHANGE IT!

Go link up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade and tell me what you are currently up to.

13 comments

  1. Hi Collen, so glad I found you through the linky at Farley's blog! Your blog is adorable!Hope you enjoy your spring break!! Your niece is precious!

    Amy
    The Resource(ful) Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Having so much fun!! Colleen :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Colleen, what a precious picture of your with your niece. Enjoy every moment with your family!
    Wendy
    OneHappyTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. O-m-g your niece is absolutely adorable!!! I wish so much that I had someone close to me have a baby right now!! I hope you have fun in Chicago and enjoy every minute of it :) I hope you have time to enter my mini giveaway that I am having at my blog!!

    Laura
    Laura Love to Teach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colleen, Thanks for dropping by my blog. Funny I had noticed yours on the link up and was already planning to stop by yours. I so agree with your advice of finding a career that makes you happy. After working my way thru college I just stayed with the job in material control for an aerospace company... Hated it but good money. Finally made the move to follow my heart. Now no money but a happy heart!
    Pauline
    First Grade by the Sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it - no money, but a very happy heart!
      Colleen :-)

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, Hailey is a doll! I love when babies are that little! Excited to be your 100th follower!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Lucky number 100!
      Time for a giveaway...
      Colleen :-)

      Delete
  6. I am also a NY teacher on spring break. I sure needed it! I hope the week is relaxing. I am not sure a week will be long enough. LOL ! I have been looking though your blog thanks to Currently. Happy vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found me! Spring Break is so necessary ;-)
      Colleen

      Delete
  7. I'm from Auburn, New York! We are probubaly very close to one another. I am glad that I have found your lovely blog!

    Jennifer
    Elementary School Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found me! I teach in Bville, not too far away from you!
      Looks like you have a great time with your 4th graders!
      Colleen :-)

      Delete
  8. Hey Colleen! CONGRATS!! I bet you're so excited! I am for sure wanting to still donate to your giveaway! Just let me know what I need to do!

    Here is my e-mail if you need it! jessicaearlyteacher@gmail.com

    Jess!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top