Five for Friday {First Timer!}


TGIF!!!  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share my Five for Friday (five random things that happened during the week.)  And, I'm a "Five for Friday" first timer, woohoo!

We had a BUSY week back after Spring Break... and it felt like it lasted FOREVER!

1.  Report Cards, BLECH.
I meant to do these over spring break (yeah right).  Since I didn't even look at them during break I had a long way to go on Monday.  Luckily for me I have a fantastic student teacher right now.  I snuck in some report card time while she was teaching (SHHH, don't tell).

2.  Spring Planting
Though we are just barely seeing signs of spring in Upstate NY, it was time to plant our seeds.  We spent all week learning about the parts of a plant and their jobs, as well as the plant life cycle.  Then we planted some Nasturtiums.  We hope they bloom in time for Mother's Day!

3.  All About Books
This week we started our "All About" books.  I picked up this FANTASTIC unit from Susan Moran at T.G.I.F.  I've blogged about her amazing writing units before and I'm so psyched to start this unit!  My firsties are going crazy over it, and we just started on Thursday.  Yesterday they took a book walk to look at many different animals, and then narrowed their focus to one animal to write about.  Today we began reading and writing facts about our animals.  I think this has the potential to be my favorite writing unit to date!
 

4.  I have been MISSING my gorgeous nieces this week.  I was lucky enough to get this adorable pic sent to me by my sister.  One of many pictures and videos that will hold me over until I get to see them again (13 days, but who's counting?!).

5.  Spring Wardrobe
I took some time this week to GUT my closet!  I have a ginormous stack of clothes ready to go to good will.  So, of course, I needed to SHOP and refill my empty closet.  I'm far too embarrassed to post a picture of all my loot.  That would be gluttonous, haha.
Instead I will post a picture of the super cute matching outfits I bought for my nieces, and a new pair of sandals to bring me into spring.
(Dear Spring:  I am ready for you.  Please come soon.  Love, Colleen)
 



Just a reminder... my 100 Followers Giveaway ends this Saturday night.  Get those entries in to win some fabulous prizes from some amazing bloggers!
{CLICK HERE} to Enter

5 comments

  1. Love your Five for Friday. I am also a first timer. I have always read them and finally decided to join in the fun. I am now you newest follower. Hope you can stop by my blog when you get a chance.
    Cindy
    First Grade A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to clean my closet out, too. I really just want a bigger closet. My old clothes that I never wear are the only things I seem to hoard! The sandals are very cute!

    Dawn
    Adventures in First with Mrs. Key

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you some spring weather from sunny south Florida! :) Your nieces are precious! I am glad you linked up with Doodle Bugs...I just found your blog! Going to enter your giveaway! :)
    Julie
    Ms. Shope's Class

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful neices you have!! And how precious are those spring clothes?! Love it!

    I am your newest follower :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute sandals, and even CUTER nieces! Makes this boy mama want a little girl!
    Congrats on 100 followers, whoo hoo! I am getting there slowly but surely, hehe.

    Gayla
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top