Magical Product Swap

I'm so excited to be participating in The Magical Product Swap!

MrsStanfordsClass

This is such a cool idea!  If you haven't seen past product swaps, here's how it works...

The awesome Jessica Stanford matches two bloggers up to switch a product from their TPT Store.  Each blogger gets to test out the product in their own classroom, and review it right here on their blog!

I was so fortunate to be matched up with Kelly at Beg Borrow Steal.  If you don't already know her, she is an amazing kindergarten teacher with an even more amazing blog!  Her blog was one of the first that I started following.  She is definitely worth checking out!


Today I am reviewing Kelly's Out of This World Math and Literacy Packet.  This packet includes six centers (three literacy centers and three math centers).



We spent yesterday afternoon exploring these out-of-this-world centers.  My firsties had a BLAST!  This was a great review of skills we've taught this year in first grade.  I divided my class into six groups, and partnered them up within their groups to complete each center.  Check us out!!!


Astronomical ABC Order

 

Sunsational Contractions

 

Flying Fact Families
(not sure how this is the only pic I ended up with of this one, oops!)

Outer-Space Skip Counting


Universal Sum Matching Game

 

Rocketing Read the Room

 

When we were done, I asked my first graders what activity they liked best, and why.  EVERY hand shot up!  Here's a few things they had to say...

"I liked the ABC order because the pictures helped me to read the words."

"I liked the Fact Families because we have been practicing them and I'm really good at them."

"I liked the Skip Counting because I got to count by 2's."

And the (almost) unanimous fan favorite... Rocketing Read the Room!  

"I liked the Read the Room because I got to go around with my friends and find the hidden words."

They seriously could NOT get enough of the read-the-room activity.  We have not done any read-the-room activities this year (shame on me!), but I can clearly see that I will be incorporating this popular activity more regularly into my classroom.

Thanks Kelly for these outstanding activities!!  You can find the Out of This World Math and Literacy Packet and many other fantastic products in Kelly's TPT Store.

Want to see what product of mine Kelly reviewed?  Hop on over to her blog and check it out!

9 comments

  1. Colleen - You did such a nice job reviewing this product!!! It looks awesome. I loved seeing your kids in action I meant to comment recently on your Five for Friday about your new sandals --- so cute! I just wish our stinkin' weather would be better about cooperating. Here's hoping for SUNSHINE!

    Melissa
    First Grade Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, we need more sun! Today was a good start. Hoping it keeps up!
      Colleen :-)

      Delete
  2. This looks like an awesome activity pack and I LOVE doing centers. You did an amazing review as well. I am your newest follower! About to hop over and see your product. Would love for you to stop by and see me sometime!

    Angie
    Monahanmonkeymadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fun activities! Loved seeing all the pictures!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had so much fun with those centers!
      Colleen :-)

      Delete
  4. What a great product review! Thanks for sharing it with us. I looks like your kiddos had a wonderful time and were completely engaged with all the activities!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great activities in one product! You did a great job reviewing! Glad to be a bew follower!
    :) Tracey
    The Teacher’s Chair

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top