May Currently

Yay May!  Time to link up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for this month's Currently.


LISTENING - The other week I was in my sweats, on the couch, on my Mac (shocking) and was absentmindedly listening to Dancing with the Stars.  It's not one of my favorite shows, but it's usually good background noise.  They had a Stevie Wonder-themed night and I have been listening to my Stevie Wonder favorites ever since.  Love me some Stevie!

LOVING - The weather is gorgeous in Central New York right now.  Yesterday I got into my car and it read 80.  Woohoo!  Warm and sunny... getting closer to summer.

THINKING - Tonight some friends and I are going out to celebrate my best friend Deb's birthday.  We are headed to a great restaurant downtown with a beautiful outdoor garden in the back.  Good friends, good wine, and relaxation, ahhh.

WANTING - Last weekend I was back in Chicago for my niece Hailey's baptism.  I'm scheduled to return on June 24th after school lets out... but I'm not sure I can wait that long for more Hailey and Taylor time.  I might be biased, but I have the BEST nieces in the WHOLE WORLD!

NEEDING - Okay so I have been a little distracted lately.  I seem to be getting a lot of inspiration, but my problem is that I have like 27 different projects in the works right now.  I just need to FINISH what I've started!  I'm still working on my money unit, I'm bundling my math games, and I'm updating my word work packet.  My list of impending blog posts is growing rapidly.  This weekend hopefully I can wrap up some projects and get organized.

SUMMER BUCKET LIST - Chicago (duh), boating (of course), and running.  Running?!!  A few weeks ago I joined a beginners running group.  GASP!  I am NOT a runner, but I have always wanted to be one of those people who comes home from a stressful day of work and goes for a run to clear my head (instead of sitting on the couch with an endless array of snacks and a glass of wine, haha).  So a few of my friends and I have started running and I think I might be starting to like it.  DOUBLE GASP!  I'm hoping to keep it up over the summer.  We shall see.

What are you currently up to?

7 comments

  1. Awesome that you are going to start running. I tried it a few years back and truly loved it- not for the exercise, but for the mental health provided. It was a way to get away from everything for me! Hope you enjoy it! I found you through Farley's Currently and I'm your newest follower!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You joined a beginning runners group?! That's amazing! How far do you run to start with?? I can run if I'm in the routine - which I have not been for a long time - and I hate it otherwise. Hopefully that group will be really motivating & supportive for you! And you should still have that glass of wine AFTER. ;)

    Good luck on finishing your projects. Make a list!! I'm such a list & post-it person but it really does help! And just worry about focusing on one at a time...seems much less overwhelming. ;)

    Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We started really slow... ran 2 minutes, walked 4. Then we increased to running 3, walking 3, then running 4, walking 2. Saturday we move to 5 minutes of running and 3 minutes of walking. We go twice a week and increase each week. So far, so good! And I think I WILL enjoy some wine after, haha!
      Colleen :-)

      Delete
  3. I want some of your nice weather here! It seems to not stick around long enough then it is snowing again!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow, EEK! Usually that's what we are covered with here in Syracuse, NY!
      Colleen ;-)

      Delete
  4. I have never been to Chicago, but I want to go for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hear ya on the blog post pile-up! I have some serious ADD when it comes to start/finishing projects, posts, and units! Hope you find the time to get it done!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top