July Currently

It's almost July, woot woot!  Summer is in full swing and I'm linking up (a lil' early) for Farley's Currently.



Listening - I love House Hunters.  I'm not a home owner.  I'm not in the process of becoming a home owner.  In fact, I don't plan to own a home for a VERY long time!  But I LOVE House Hunters... and basically all the shows on HGTV.  I can't get enough.

Loving - I was just in Chicago with my sweet, sweet nieces, sister, and brother-in-law for the past week.  Today my sister, the girls, and I flew to my hometown (Rochester, NY) and we are all staying with my parents for TWO WEEKS!  Here are some pics of my beauties.
Fun with the iPad

"Let's get moving Aunt Colleen!"

Already 3 months old!

Hard to get a pic with this one... she's always on the GO!

Thinking - I should get to bed ASAP.  My niece Taylor, like all 2-year-olds, is an early riser.  Aunt Colleen needs to be rested!

Wanting - I really want a fancy digital camera.  I've wanted one for a while.  I've been taking more and more pics with my iPhone 5 because that has GREAT picture quality, but I want to take the next step in photography.  I've found myself taking more and more pictures, especially in the last year.  Between all the school pics I take and all the shots of my nieces, I need a good camera.  But they are EXPENSIVE!  I'm looking at a Canon and a Nikon.  Anyone have any good recommendations that won't totally break the bank?
  

Needing - Before leaving my classroom for the summer, I took a slew of pictures of how I organize in my classroom.  I am pretty OCD compulsive particular about my organization.  I LOVE to organize... and re-organize... and re-organize again.  I want to do a series of posts in July about my tips for organization.  So, now I need to get organized (haha) and get these posts ready!

Tips, Tricks, or Hints - Start your blog slowly!  You don't need to do it all at once.  I started last summer.  It was the perfect time to start my blog because I had extra time on my hands.  I planned to try and post every other week once the school year started.  I found that I was able to blog much more than that (especially after I figured out how to schedule a blog post... then I could write multiple posts in one sitting when I had the time!).  Also, get to know other bloggers.  Comment (meaningful comments!) on their blogs.  Email them with questions.  Everyone has been SO NICE every single time I've contacted a fellow blogger.  I heart blogging!!!

What are you Currently up to?

5 comments

  1. Some of our currently list is so similar :) My niece is the light of my summer, too! I also need to get to sleep....haha!! I love the pictures, they are so so so cute! Great advice given to bloggers, too!

    Bridget
    Little Lovely Leaders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I totally relate to the early riser. My daughter is up at 7AM EVERY day. This should make it really easy to know when I need to go to bed, but here it is almost midnight, and I'm not sleeping! Your blog advice is sincere and encouraging. Thanks!

    Kristen
    Aspire to Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nieces are absolutely adorable!! I love little ones, but I'm surely happy my kids sleep late nowadays!!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't go wrong with a Canon or Nikon. Both are great cameras. We have a Canon from a few years ago. We use it all the time and it takes beautiful pics. Good luck with your decision.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nieces are too cute! I want a new fancy camera too! On my wish list!!


    Polka Dots, Checks and Stripes

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top