June Currently

Can it possibly be June already?!!  You know that means it's time to link up with the fabulous Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade!  



Listening - I'm back in Chicago, woohoo!!!  I wasn't scheduled to be back until June 24th after I am done with school, but I ended up booking a late flight so I could be in town for my niece's 2nd birthday.  I'm so happy to be back!  The sounds of the city are so soothing sometimes (and other times, not-so-much haha).  My sister and brother-in-law live in a high rise on the 36th floor.  The view can't be beat.

Loving - May was a month of getting things done.  I managed to keep up with my blogging, added some TPT products, kept my apartment clean, stayed ahead of my school workload, and kept up with my running club.  That's how I roll. 

Thinking - My niece Taylor is turning two (I can't believe it!).  Today was her family party and it was so much fun!  I love seeing how excited she gets when opening presents.  She LOVED her cake... but is still not so excited about lit candles.  Maybe next year...

Wanting / Needing - Okay does anyone else feel torn about the final weeks of the school year?  I want summer to be here NOW... and yet I don't want to give up my class yet.  I have two and a half weeks left and I'm getting very nostalgic about my class.  

3 Vacay Essentials - Well those items need no explanation!  Now I just need a vacation destination...

What are YOU currently up to?

10 comments

  1. Hi Colleen
    I know right summer is sooo close. I have 4 more days. Enjoy your summer vacation!
    xoxo
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog because I'm now one of your newest followers! I love hooking up with other bloggers that teach first grade. I enjoy getting great ideas from other fabulous teachers! I'm glad you were able to book a flight and attend your niece's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so look forward to Farley's monthly Currently. I always scan the links to see if there are new first grade blogs to follow. So glad to have found you! Colleen :-)

      Delete
  3. Your vacation essentials are spot on! Glad to have found you through the Currently!
    Laura
    Enchanting Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I came over from Farley's linky! Enjoy your last weeks of school with your firsties. I don't do well with saying goodbye to my little cuties after working with them all year. :-) Lauren Teacher Mom of 3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy you last days with your students. I know the end of the year can be bitter sweet. First grade teachers rock!
    tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could never imagine living in a high rise or loving the sound of the city! :) It sounds like you were really on the ball in May. I'm hoping I can do all that in June {only because it's already summer}!

    Dawn
    Adventures in First with Mrs. Key

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to be as productive during the summer... that to-do list is a LONG one!
      Colleen :-)

      Delete
  7. Wow - I bet the view from that high up is amazing! What a fun surprise for your niece to have you at her birthday! I am VERY excited for summer. Nice class, but I sure do love sittin' in the beach with a book and a cold beverage :) Congrats on such a successful month of May!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes... 9 and a half more days now, wahoo!
      Colleen :-)

      Delete

Back to Top