August Currently

It's August, holla!!!  Teachers around the country are in full-fledged panic mode.

Not me.  I'm totally cool.  Really.  Haha!

Actually, I have 34 more days of summer left.  That is PLENTY of time to soak up more sun!

Since August has arrived, it's time to link up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade...


Listening - Okay, okay I know this is THE most over-played song on the radio right now.  But I like it.  I'm sure after about 47 more plays I'll be sick of it, too.

Loving - For my birthday in July I got a new camera, woohoo!!  I went with the Nikon D5100.  I am obsessed.  This camera is absolutely, positively the BEST!  Check out a couple shots of these beauties I took the very first time I used my camera...

"Aunt Colleen, I'm not ready for my close-up!"

"Surprise!  My aunt's camera ROCKS!"

Thinking - In exactly two weeks I'll be back in Chicago and reunited with those gorgeous nieces of mine!  Let the snuggles begin!

Wanting - I really want to revamp my guest room.  Right now I have some oversized furniture that I need to sell.  Then I want a streamlined office space and a nice bed for guests to replace my futon.  Of course, I need to get rid of the old furniture first, but now I'm impatient since I have this idea in my head!

Needing - Is there any teacher out there who ISN'T needing to finish the back-to-school to-do list?!!  Seriously though, I need to get to it.  Otherwise I'll be in panic mode real quick!

B2S Must Haves -
1.  Gotta have a new teacher binder each year.  Mine is already set-up, ready to go, and it's gorgeous!
2.  I seem to use A LOT of clear packaging tape when setting up my classroom.  Anyone else?
3.  Every teacher needs to look good on the first day.  It's not a new school year unless you have some fantastic back-to-school clothes, right?


What are you currently up to?

4 comments

  1. I use a lot of packaging tape too! Not sure why but it seems to be a staple in getting my classroom ready. And yes! A back to school outfit is a must! :)

    -Courtney
    2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures! I Love Blurred Lines (But don't get to hear it much so I'm sure if I heard it more I'd becoming sick of it pretty quick!) I Don't need to finish the "back to school" to do list, only because I started 3 WEEKS AGO! Ugh! haha Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    Ashley
    Primary Teacherhood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colleen,


    I am your newest follower! You blog is adorable. I wanted to tell you that I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can find out more about this award by going to my blog at

    Animal Crackers and Apple Juice


    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have you following! Thank you for the nomination! Colleen :-)

      Delete

Back to Top