Five for Friday

It's Friday… leading into a THREE DAY WEEKEND!  Oh the teacher joy!  Time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for this week's Five for Friday!



This week we worked on our Read the Room QR codes during Word Work!  This is a new Daily 5 favorite for sure!  The Read the Room cards link to a Dolch sight word.  My teammate created them and they are AWESOME!  I'm now on a QR code kick… what else can I create with them?!!!




We also worked on money this week.  Money is a doozey sometimes!  Kids no longer see and deal with money like they did before.  Our society is pretty much all credit - even in the cafeteria!  Kids just punch in their lunch pin and off they go.  No money is exchanged.  Because of this, coin recognition and understanding coin values can be very challenging.  We will definitely be revisiting this concept again!


These activities came from my Money Mayhem unit!


We also worked on nouns this week!  I am impressed with this group, as they picked this concept up very quickly.  We of course watched a BrainPopJr. AND a SchoolHouse Rock video!  We practiced on the Smart board, on our own, and in reading group.


You can find my Fallin' for Nouns activity {HERE}.


Today our fourth grade buddies came in to share their realistic fiction stories with us.  Partners were so engaged!  And we were treated to an Oreo cookie when we were done.  SCORE!  
Now we can't wait to share our personal narratives with THEM!




And I saved the BEST for last!  I'm at the airport RIGHT NOW waiting to get on a plane to see these beauties!  Chicago here I come.  I LOVE long weekends!!!


HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

No comments

Back to Top