Five for Friday - Hooray for Christmas Break!

It's Christmas break… can I get an A-MEN?!!!

In the midst of the craziness that is the week leading into Christmas break (which, of course means absolute chaos at times), this has NOT been my best week.  A car that wouldn't start, followed by a blown out tire… in the SAME HOUR.  Yup, that's how my Tuesday started.  That, followed by a 24 hour bout of the stomach flu that has run it's course through our classroom.  Not cool.  Not cool at all.

I have never before been so relived to get to FRIDAY!  So… I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share the GOOD things that happened this week!




We counted down to Christmas.  Today marks 5 days until the "big day."  We could not be more excited!!!



We made gingerbread houses yesterday.  Talk about sugar and energy!!!







We squeezed in a LITTLE bit of work this morning.  It was Polar Express day, so we worked on story elements, alphabetical order of vocabulary words, and wrote about what gift we would have asked Santa for if we had been chosen to receive the first gift of Christmas.  



But let's face it, we were pretty consumed with opening presents…

Sweet "thank you's" followed!



and chillin' in our PJ's all day.

PJ Twinsies!




Happy Friday and have a glorious Christmas break!!!

3 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few teachers at school did Polar Express Day and gingerbread houses this season. After hearing their stories and seeing your adorable pictures I am convinced that I need to do one or both next year.

    Looks like you had lots of fun!

    Merry Christmas!

    Becky

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so afraid of gingerbread houses in first grade, but it is so much easier than I thought! A lot of them already knew how, and I get about 4-6 parent helpers. Then I can just sit back and take pics while they get all sugared up. You should definitely go for it next year!
      Merry Christmas!
      Colleen :-)

      Delete

Back to Top