March Currently and a Sunday Five for Friday

Ah, the weekend.  And a new month.  And more snow.  Well, two out of three isn't bad!!  Time to kick off the month with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade and share my week with a Sunday Five for Friday at Doodle Bugs Teaching.


Listening - It is snowing.  Again.  I'm beginning to think that the sound of the plow is NEVER going to go away.  I know I live in Syracuse, but this is getting ridiculous!  I'm very afraid that I will be blogging about snow in April's Currently, too.  EEK!

Loving - Well, I squeezed the February budget and scraped up the money to buy my new camera bag.  I am in LOVE.  It is beautiful… and roomy… and chevron of course!  So excited about this purchase!  It's a purse and camera bag all in one.  Want one?  Check out Darby Mack Designs.  They have a TON of styles and my bag came in less than two weeks, even though it was on back order!  I highly recommend them.


Thinking - Sun and spring will happen… right?!

Wanting - I bought a lifetime license for KG Fonts during the big TPT sale!  So psyched to start using all her fonts.  I had been scraping by a with one-font license here and there, but now I have carte blanche to use all her fonts, all the time.  I feel like a real big shot now.  Let the creative juices flow!!

Needing - I need nothing.  What a good feeling!

????? - 45 days.  I have been reading others' posts and this is a really tough one on most people's blogs!  I'll give you a hint…





Okay, now onto my week.  We returned after a nice, long week off for February break.  Everyone was grumpy on Monday morning, haha.  And I think this is the first week we have had school for five straight days, with no days off or snow days.  Wow.  Good thing we made it count!


This week we celebrated our 100th Day!  I kept it simple and we celebrated with a hat.  Love me some hats on first graders.  These 100th Day Ten Frame Party Hats came from Kelly Dolling at Teacher Idea Factory.





This week we worked on place value.  We use base-10 blocks to count the days we've been in school, so the kids have a lot of background knowledge by the time we get to place value in math.  Here we are playing Place Value Top-It.




It's been forever since we've practiced sight words on our iPads.  This week we worked on the First Grade Dolch sight word list using the app Word Bingo.



Stop the presses.  I actually got a bulletin board prepped and ready in plenty of time for the upcoming holiday.  Gasp.  This NEVER happens.  Bulletin boards are not my thing!  I'm proud that on Friday I was able to put this up.  Aren't these leprechaun's adorable?  This Leapin' Leprechaun craftivity is a creation from Teri at A Cupcake for the Teacher.


If I were a leprechaun I would go to the other side of the rainbow to steal gold and go steal some diamonds.



This week I was a WINNER!  I won $30 to spend at Teachers Pay Teachers, just in time for the big sale.  Christy and Tammy at Fluttering Through First Grade rock!  Thanks a million ladies!  I snagged a ton of great items during the sale.


4 comments

  1. Cute camera bag! I bet the 45 days is when you can get in the pool. I was going to say school is out. Not quite sure now. How's that for an answer? It has been snowing and sleeting all day here. We haven't had a lot of snow but I can sure do without the cold.
    Barbara
    Fourth and Goal in Fourth Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 45 days until Spring Break, wahoo! Unfortunately we have been hit with the snow and ridiculously cold temperatures this winter. Blech! Colleen :-)

      Delete
  2. So glad I found your blog through this month's currently! LOVE the camera bag! My husband is not going to love that I now want one! LOL

    Your blog design is adorable!

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, you won't be disappointed with a Darby Mack! Just tell your hubby that it is a necessity for school. Cause that always works, right?! Haha! Colleen ;-)

      Delete

Back to Top