April Currently

It's April!  Thank goodness.  March seemed to last FOREVER.  Perhaps that was because it was still snowing like crazy.  Ugh.  

Finally spring has sprung in the northeast.  I can actually see grass and the remaining snow drifts are melting quickly!  A new month means it's time to link up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for this month's Currently.



Listening - Let Her Go by Passenger.  Not to be confused with Let It Go from Frozen.  I might be the last person on the face of this planet that hasn't seen that movie yet, haha! 

Loving - I cannot believe this is my "loving" for April.  Running is a new-found love for me, as I've only really been running for less than a year.  My running coach gathered a training group for an upcoming 10 mile hilly race called the Mountain Goat.  Let me be clear - I have no intention of actually running this race, haha!  I just like running with a group and my awesome coach.  We started a few weeks ago and have been adding a mile each week.  This is quite challenging for me.  When we started I had never run more than 3 miles.  Our first week we ran 4.7 miles, yikes.  Last weekend I went a whopping 7.5 miles.  WHAT?!!  Crazy.  And I love it.

Thinking - It's not even 10pm.  I'm exhausted.  My bed is calling... loudly.

Wanting - I am seriously wanting some more energy lately.  I'm not sure what my problem has been the last week or so, but I have been completely drained for no apparent reason.  Time to get more sleep perhaps.

Needing - I am in serious need of INSPIRATION!  I haven't blogged in a month.  I haven't created anything for my classroom.  I'm in a serious slump.  I'm blaming it on the March snow.  Hopefully the sun will bring me some new ideas!

Hours and Last Day - Our contract hours are from 8:20-3:45.  The kids arrive at 8:35 and leave at 3:25.  Not too shabby.  On the downside, our last day isn't until June 26th.  That seems like a century away.  This is the latest in the year that I've ever taught.  Good thing I love my job!!


What are you Currently up to?

3 comments

  1. Colleen, we have very similar school hours and you get out just one day before me. Must be a tri-state area thing, I'm in NJ! And, I totally feel you on the blogging slump. I go through them every so often, too. Just hang in there. Your blog should be something you enjoy, not a chore. Blog when you feel like blogging!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on needing more energy! I feel so drained at the end of every day. Hopefully after my spring I will be rested enough to make it to the end of they school year! Good luck! Can't believe you don't get out until June 26th! When do you all start?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, June 26th is SO LATE! But we start right after Labor Day and had two full weeks at Christmas, a week in February, and a week and a half for Spring Break. So I honestly can't complain... and yet I still do, haha!!!
      Colleen :-)

      Delete

Back to Top