June Currently

It's JUNE!!!

So excited that this month has arrived!  June is always a busy month, but all good stuff.  So many of you are already off on summer vacation, but I teach until the end of this month so there is still a lot to do.

First on the June to-do list... link up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for this month's Currently!


Listening - Nothing beats the quiet during nap time.  This has been a BUSY weekend!  And as soon as nap time is over, it's off to the pool, wahoo!

Loving - Any time I can get to Chicago I am happy.  This weekend we are celebrating my niece's 3rd birthday.  Yesterday we had her party at a bounce house place right here in the city.  It was so much fun - and the adults got their bounce on, too!

Thinking - We got a peek at our class lists for next year, so of course my mind is already gearing up for my next batch of firsties.  I always spend a good amount of time in the summer preparing for the next school year.  I'm hoping to streamline some of the to-do items and feel ready a little sooner this year.

Wanting - I'm so jealous of all the teacher bloggers on summer vacay already!  I know my time will come... and they will be jealous when I'm still sitting by the pool in August while they return to work, haha!

Needing - It's the end-of-the-year crunch time and it always seems as though there are a billion things to do before my class walks out the door on June 25th.  I always have a running to-do list, but this year shockingly seems less stressful, which is nice.  I've even started a few of the items on my list, like the end-of-year slideshow (go me!).  I know I'll get the rest done eventually, too.

Summer Bucket List - There are certainly more than three items on my agenda for summer, woot woot! One of my dearest friends from high school is having her second baby this summer.  I have yet to make it to her house in Atlanta, even though she's lived there for years.  This will be the summer I get there!  I also plan to enjoy the sun LOTS this summer... boating, golfing, pool days, and perhaps even a little camping.  I also want to maintain a good running schedule.  Training starts in August for the fall half-marathon, and I don't want to slack off prior!


What are you currently up to?

8 comments

  1. Good luck with your half marathon! I too am trying to get in shape, but it is for a bike ride to work since I will be living less than a mile from my site.
    -Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so jealous.... I'm on vacay.. but starting summer school tomorrow.... What was I thinking??? :) There is a mud run in september that I'd like to try... better get on that running schedule with you! :)

    …andtheyallfalldown...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always envious of schools where teachers get an early peek at their class lists. We don't get ours until the morning of Meet & Greet during pre-planning!

    Come on down to Atlanta!! You will love it!

    Abby
    Third Grade Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun summer you have planned! I wish we could get our class lists this early - we have to wait until the day before school starts, which makes it so difficult to get everything labeled and ready to go. That's awesome they let you plan ahead! And like Abby said, come on down to ATL - it's hot, but the folks are pretty nice :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! My name is Rachel, and I am brand new to the teacher blogging world! I just graduated from college, and am starting my first full time teaching position in a few days. If you have any tips or advice for a new blogger, please let me know. Also, feel free to check out my blog and let me know what you think! Thanks everyone!!!! :)

    -Rachel
    Teaching, Coffee, and Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though you are ready for summer, I am glad to find another teacher who has to go as long as I do. We don't get out until June 25th either. However, it sounds like the end of your year is going well. Hope you can finish strong and then enjoy your summer!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that your usual school year or are you making up for lots of snow days?

    I looove Chicago! I was there in April/May and I had the best time!

    You certainly have lots to do this summer! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is our usual school year... though we are often out by around June 20th. This year we go later because we had two weeks at Christmas since it fell mid-week. June 25th feels like forever away... but I know it will come quickly!!
      Colleen :-)

      Delete

Back to Top