You Oughta Know About... Labeling with Puffy Paint

Summer is in full swing and I am LOVING it!
My routine is non-existent and my calendar is packed with F.U.N!

This morning I'm joining Buzzing with Mrs. McClain for her You Oughta Know Blog Hop.


I think you oughta know about the fabulousness of labeling with puffy paint!
I hated labeling my cubbies each year with my class names.  The labels always peeled off and it was such a pain.  Then I got the idea to use puffy paint and stencils to permanently label my cubbies!

I put these numbers on my student cubbies FOUR years ago.
Not a scratch or peel anywhere to be found!


First I Scotch taped my stencil in place.  Then I painted a thick coat of puffy paint on with a sponge brush.  I left the stencil in place until the paint dried and then slowly peeled off the stencil.  I had to do my numbers in stages once I got to the teen numbers and beyond.  
So be sure to have other projects to do in your classroom so you aren't waiting around for paint to dry!  Also, if you try this on a very hot summer day, the results will not come out so well.  I had a teammate try this in the dead heat of summer and the paint didn't adhere to the wooden cubbies.


The finished product - and no more labeling cubbies every year!






And be sure to check out what else you oughta know about!

4 comments

  1. Great idea it use numbers instead of names. The puffy paint is thick so it should last for years. Thanks for sharing.
    Debbie
    Crockett's Classroom...Forever in Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used puffy paint before! Thanks for sharing how you use it :-)

    Jasmine
    Buzzing With Mrs. McClain

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top