August Currently

August!  Some of you are back to school already.  I would feel sorry for you, but you've been out since May, haha.  I luckily have one full month of summer left - and I sure need it!

Time to link up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for this month's Currently...


Listening - I love me some real housewives.  And this season Tamra is really stirring the pot.  Naughty, naughty!

Loving - This past week I was in Chicago watching my nieces while my sister and brother-in-law took a much needed vacay to Mexico!  Luckily my best friend came along to help me.  I needed it!  My nieces are certainly a joy... and very, very busy so the extra hands were much appreciated.  I can't stop thinking about all the fun times we had over the past week.  Of course I took a million pics and video so I've been looking through those missing them already.  (But don't feel too sorry for me - I'll see them again in two weeks, haha!)

Watermelon cutie

Just chatting it up with princess Sofia

Aunt Colleen loves to buy the girls matching outfits!

Thinking - Bright and early tomorrow I start my training for the October half-marathon - eek!  I'm totally nervous and excited.  Though it won't be easy, I know I can rise to the challenge.

Wanting - It's August and I still don't have a tan.  Not cool.  (And yes, I know that the sun is very bad for me... but I just want a little glow!)  I think a few pool days are in order this coming week...

Needing - I'm pretty sure this was my same "needing" from July... clearly I haven't made much progress.  Seriously though, I need to get cracking!  There isn't much time left before I'll be in my classroom setting up.  Yikes!

1st Day - We go back on September 2nd and the kiddos come on September 3rd.  Not much time to prepare, so like many teachers, we do a lot on our time.  Good thing those firsties are worth it!


What are you Currently up to?

7 comments

  1. Wow you have a NICE long summer break! Mine was only 6 weeks this year. Enjoy that last few weeks and good luck with the training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls are adorable. Good luck with your training. I help coach our HS cross country team. I don't run any more, but love being around the whole running atmosphere. My kids come back on September 2nd. Enjoy the remaining weeks of free time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nieces are adorable! I love me some Housewives, too! I can't believe there is going to be a Melbourne! I am always hesitant at first but end up watching. HA! I wish I was more tan, too. I use self tanner to supplement because I have sensitive pale Irish skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, a half marathon! That would scare me, haha! I'm sure it will feel amazing when you cross the finish line!

    -Caitlin
    The Kinder Garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure love reality TV! The drama is great isn't it! Are you going to be watching Bachelor in Paradise? It looks like things get heated! Wow--a half marathon! More power to you girl! :)

    ~Kayla
    Kayla in the Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My DVR is already set for Bachelor in Paradise!! I can't wait!
      Colleen :-)

      Delete
  6. Seems like our Augusts are pretty similar. I spent the last week hosting my husband's youngest cousins at "Camp Raegan". Their parents sent them to come visit for a week so that they could enjoy some time alone. They are 6 and 8 and I think they had a great time! I know that by the time we dropped them with mom and dad yesterday they we were exhausted. At least I was! I loved being able to sleep in until 9 today! What a treat!

    I've done so little on my "BTS To-Do" list. I'm actually kind of hoping that the weather here at the beach stays like this (rainy and cool) so I can get some stuff done today!

    Enjoy your last month of summer!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top