September Currently

Happy September!  

September in Upstate NY for teachers is always bittersweet... the end of summer and the beginning of a new school year.  In my district teachers go back tomorrow, and the kiddos arrive on Wednesday.

Of course, a new month always means it's time to link up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for this month's Currently...



Listening - I just love Bachelor in Paradise.  ABC brings all the crazies from past seasons together and it's fabulous!  Total train wreck and I'm addicted.

Loving - Today was an unexpectedly gorgeous day outside.  I spent my last day of summer soaking up the sun and relaxing on the boat.  It was glorious!

Thinking - I'm so excited to meet my new batch of firsties this week!  I will have 23 new kiddos walking through the door on Wednesday and I can't wait to meet them.

Wanting - A new school year is always exciting, but with it brings the stress of getting ready.  And when I'm stressed, I can kiss sleep goodbye.  Hopefully I'm feeling prepared enough to rest well tonight and and tomorrow night.  We shall see!

Needing - Nothing.

3 Trips - Hawaii, Italy, Greece.  Do these places need any explanation?  When do we leave?!!



What are you Currently up to?

4 comments

  1. I think you'll love Italy! We took a family trip at Christmas 2009!! It was absolutely magical! God luck with the firsties! Mine are on day 13!! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want to go on the same trips! I want to go to Hawaii and Greece so bad! I'm glad you had nice weather and could enjoy your last day of summer! I had nice weather too and got to enjoy my 3 day weekend. This will be my third week going back to school and I teach first grade too. You will do great! I'm sure your kids will love you! Also you only have a 4 day work week so that is a great way to easy back into things! Good luck! Have fun! Try to get some rest...if you don't then you'll sleep great tomorrow night. ;)

    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you on the wanting a good nights sleep! My new firsties come tomorrow and I never sleep the night before! Bring on the back to school nightmares! I hope you can get some good sleep tonight!


    Tasha Emmerson
    Confessions of a Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Italy was never high on my list of places to go, but 2 years ago my parents took the whole family on a mediteranean cruise out of Venice for their 50th wedding anniversay. And I can't wait to go back. It's so beautiful and there's so much to see.
    I just found your blog through Farley's linkup. Your blog looks great BTW.
    Sandra

    savvyteachingtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top